evtopyvp

Monaco chief confirms injury halted Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao’s return to French club

first_img Radamel Falcao Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has admitted the Ligue 1 club explored the possibility of cutting short Radamel Falcao’s loan at Chelsea, only for injury to end that prospect.The Colombia striker joined Chelsea last summer after an unsuccessful loan stint at Manchester United.But his spell at Stamford Bridge has been equally underwhelming, with just one goal and no appearances since October due to a thigh injury. A return date for Falcao is not known and Vasilyev revealed the former Porto and Atletico Madrid striker did return to Monaco last week to be assessed with a view to returning to his parent club.Vasilyev told RMC Sport: “It’s true that we’ve talked about Falcao on numerous occasions.“The original idea was that he would return to Monaco to play the second half of the season. He came over and had a medical. Unfortunately, he was injured.“So we took the decision that it would be better for him to stay with Chelsea. Could he return one day? I won’t close the door, that door remains open.” The news strengthens reports that Chelsea are looking for a striker during this month’s transfer window, with Leicester’s Jamie Vardy among those linked. 1last_img read more

evtopyvp

Operator Stellar Cosmo Not Heading for Repairs

first_imgzoom Polaris Shipping’s Very Large Ore Carrier (VLOC) Stellar Cosmo has not broken down and is not heading for repairs to Cape Town, as disclosed to World Maritime News.Holman Fenwick Willan Singapore LLP, speaking on the authority of the ship’s operator, said that the reports indicating that the ship was heading for repairs after developing a crack in the hull were not true and that the ship was in fact heading to Singapore for refueling.“Stellar Cosmo diverted from her voyage to China to the last reported site of the Stellar Daisy to take part in search and rescue operations. She has departed early from the scene and is heading to Singapore for bunkers before continuing her contractual voyage to China. The reason for her departure is to allow her sufficient bunkers to reach China and not for reasons of repairs as has been reported,” the firm said reacting to media reports.The 1992-built ship was also converted from a crude carrier to an ore carrier, a process that has been put under spotlight over the past few days as the ship’s owner faces criticism following the sinking of Stellar Daisy.The VLOC went missing on March 31 and is believed to have sunk some 1,700 miles east of the Port of Montevideo, Uruguay. Stellar Daisy was carrying eight South Korean and sixteen Filipino sailors. Two of the sailors were rescued on April 2, while the search for the remaining missing 22 crew members continues.Just a few days after the incident, Polaris Shipping confirmed that another of the firm’s vessels reported a crack on the outer hull of a tank- the 1993-built bulk carrier Stellar Unicorn.The ship was sent for repairs and will continue its voyage to China once it gets necessary approvals.As a result of the said incidents, the company said that it had launched inspection of all its operated vessels.As informed, the inspection will be conducted in addition to the regular maintenance and inspection, and would continue until all vessels are inspected and cleared for service.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more