Newsx Adverts Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published WhatsApp Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Twitter Facebook Google+ WhatsApp NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Google+ Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleEnglish man sentenced to nine years for Donegal RapeNext articleDerry man jailed for ear biting assault News Highland Facebook LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH The Mayor of Letterkenny has expressed his shock that Bus Éireann has never approached the owners of the Letterkenny Shopping Centre with a view to securing its customers parking.Despite the bus station in Letterkenny being one of the 5th busiest in the country, there is no parking available for its customers.A meeting is no to be arranged between Bus Éireann and the adjacent shopping centre oweners with a view to securing bus passenger parking spaces.Mayor Gerry McMonagle, who has agreed to arrange the meeting, says he is amazed this has not happened before:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mayorbuses.mp3[/podcast]The move comes after a deputation fromBus Éireann attended a council meeting to answer councillor questions.The delegation enquired if the council would support a park and ride facility for the bus station – they were told that this was not in the council’s plans. Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson By News Highland – March 6, 2012 Twitter Pinterest Bus Éireann admits it has done little to secure customer parking in Letterkenny
Beau Lund Written by February 7, 2019 /Sports News – National Bulls acquire Otto Porter Jr. in trade with Wizards FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailTar_Heel_Rob/iStock(CHICAGO) — The Chicago Bulls have acquired Otto Porter Jr. from the Washington Wizards, the teams announced Wednesday night.In exchange for the 25-year-old forward, the Bulls sent forwards Jabari Parker and Bobby Porti to the Wizards. Chicago also gave Washington a protected 2023 second-round draft pick.Porter was drafted by the Wizards in 2013. Since then, he has played 384 games, averaging 10.7 points, 5.0 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.18 steals per game.This season, he’s played 41 games and has averaged 12.6 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
He declined to say if the four organizations would be asked to reduce their US-based staff, which was required of the five that were earlier designated.The announcement was further evidence that a closed-door meeting last week in Hawaii between US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and senior Chinese official Yang Jiechi did little to ease bilateral tensions.The five state news outlets earlier designated as foreign missions were Xinhua news agency, China Global Television Network, China Radio International and the US distributors of the People’s Daily and English-language China Daily.After these outlets were ordered to slash their numbers of Chinese employees in the United States, Beijing hit back in March by expelling US citizens working for three major newspapers — The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. China threatened Tuesday to retaliate against new US restrictions on Chinese state media, escalating tensions between the two superpowers as they crack down on each other’s news outlets.The US State Department said Monday it was reclassifying four organizations — China Central Television, China News Service, the People’s Daily and the Global Times — as foreign missions rather than media outlets in the United States, adding to five others designated in February.China has already expelled more than a dozen American journalists as part of the row. Further retaliation? Some media rights advocates have voiced misgivings about the approach of President Donald Trump’s administration, saying it gave China a pretext to kick out journalists who have fearlessly reported on the coronavirus pandemic and the mass incarceration of Uighurs and other Turkic Muslims.State Department officials say US media are free to report critically on their government while Chinese state-run outlets report to the government. In February, China separately expelled three journalists from The Wall Street Journal after the newspaper ran an opinion piece with a headline that called the country the “sick man of Asia” — a word choice Beijing called racist.Stilwell, the assistant secretary of state, played down fears that China would expel more US journalists, saying the US actions were “simply an excuse” for Beijing to crack down on media. “Trying to tie what we do to defend ourselves to what they choose to do — to kick out the best investigative reporters, especially the ones who speak Chinese — this is all their choice,” he said. On Tuesday Beijing decried the latest US move as “bare-faced political suppression of Chinese media” that “further exposes the hypocrisy of the so-called freedom of speech and press which the US likes to flaunt”.”We strongly urge the US to reject this Cold War mindset and ideological bias… otherwise China will have no choice but to make an appropriate response,” said foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian at a routine briefing.All nine Chinese state-run news organizations will be required to report details of their US-based staff and real estate transactions to the State Department. Their news reporting will not be restricted, officials said.”These four entities are not media outlets; they are propaganda outlets,” David Stilwell, the top US diplomat for East Asia, told reporters. Topics :
Press Association Arsenal tackle the managerless Eagles – who parted company with Ian Holloway following the 4-1 home defeat by Fulham on Monday night – looking to consolidate their place at the top of the table. Next week, the Gunners host Chelsea in the Capital One Cup before games against Liverpool and Manchester United as well as the return European trip to Dortmund. It is a run of fixtures which Wenger accepts will test the genuine potential of what his squad can achieve this season. “Yes, it is a step up. It (the challenge) is for us to be at the level now of these games coming up, and I am quite confident,” the Arsenal boss said. “I think we have learned against Dortmund – even though we have lost. There were a lot of positives in that game, because we controlled them quite well, against a team who went in a convincing way into the final last year. “That performance should, despite the disappointment, give us belief.” Wilshere will be assessed ahead of Saturday’s Barclays Premier League trip to Crystal Palace after being substituted during the second half of the midweek Champions League defeat to Borussia Dortmund. The 21-year-old had earlier caused some concern when he pulled up after jarring his ankle when running through on goal. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Jack Wilshere’s troublesome ankle will eventually settle down – but does sometimes wonder if he is taking a “gamble” on the fitness of the England midfielder. Wenger, though, believes with careful management Wilshere can maintain his fitness levels in this World Cup season following a frustrating spell on the sidelines which scuppered hopes of playing at both Euro 2012 and the London Olympics. “He played Saturday and on Tuesday, so it is difficult for us to find the right rhythm for him,” said Wenger. “Before when I always played him, people say I overplayed him. Now I try to be a bit more cautious. “It is difficult because his ankle is up and down a little bit. “Jack is getting better, but it is still inflamed sometimes and responds sometimes to games, but after that it goes down again and is normal. “I think he will go through this period of stabilisation. “It is going upwards, but sometimes you wonder do I take a gamble or not? “I do what the medical people recommend with him because I am not a specialist. They are quite positive about him.”
Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco MOVE THEY COULD MAKERealmuto would have been the ideal upgrade at catcher. But the Dodgers remained stubborn in their trade talks with the Marlins and could not satisfy them with trade alternatives not built around Cody Bellinger or Ruiz. If Martin and Barnes do not show improvement offensively, the Dodgers could be shopping for catching help on the in-season market. The options won’t be good and Smith’s arrival might have to be accelerated.Related Articles Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error As the Dodgers head toward the first workout of spring training on Wednesday, we are providing breakdowns of how they stand with their roster by position groups. Today is the final installment, looking at the catchers. Previously, the starting rotation, bullpen, infield and outfield.2018 RECAPHeading into spring training a year ago, there was reason to believe Austin Barnes would take the lead role from Yasmani Grandal. That didn’t happen – until October. With free agency looming, Grandal had an excellent regular season, producing offensively at an elite level at a position that league-wide offers little production. He led all National League catchers in home runs (24) and on-base percentage (.349) and was second in slugging percentage (.466) and OPS (.815). But a second consecutive postseason slump followed, this time including a historic defensive breakdown – in Game 1 of the NLCS, he became the first catcher in postseason history to have two passed balls and two errors in the same game. Barnes, meanwhile, regressed badly at the plate. After batting .289 with an .895 OPS in 2017, he hit just .205 with a .619 OPS in 2018.HOW IT LOOKS RIGHT NOWAmong the suitors for Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto all winter, the Dodgers instead traded for Russell Martin as a fallback option, putting a former Dodgers hero back in blue for the second consecutive winter. Martin (who will turn 36 on the third day of spring workouts) is coming off the worst offensive season of his career. He had career lows in batting average (.194) and OPS (663) in 90 games with the Blue Jays last season and both numbers have declined each season since 2014. The Dodgers believe he still has value defensively and in the clubhouse. Between Martin and Barnes, however, the dropoff offensively from the catching position in 2019 could be steep.THE NEXT LAYERThe Dodgers are justifiably proud of their cache of catching prospects. Keibert Ruiz is the 20th-ranked prospect in the minors among all positions, according to Baseball America. Former first-rounder Will Smith is also a top 100 prospect by most rankings. Teenager Diego Cartaya and Connor Wong are also highly regarded. The Dodgers have resisted the temptation to trade one or more of the prospects so far. But only Smith is anywhere near the majors. He could debut at some point in 2019. If injury hits Martin or Barnes before Smith is ready, Rocky Gale and Josh Thole will be plugged in from Triple-A.