zjkmtfge

Mc Guinness “hasn’t considered” possible presidential poll bid

first_img Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Mc Guinness “hasn’t considered” possible presidential poll bid WhatsApp Google+ By News Highland – September 9, 2011 Google+ Pinterest Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp Facebookcenter_img Newsx Adverts Twitter The North’s Deputy First Minister says he hasn’t given any consideration to suggestion that he might contest the Presidential Election in the Republic.Derry based Martin McGuinness was speaking at the opening of the Sinn Féin Ard Fheis in Belfast this evening.The party’s new Ard Comhairle to be elected this weekend is expected to make a decision on a candidate.Dublin Central TD Mary Lou McDonald has ruled herself out – with former Stormont Agriculture Minister Michelle Gildernew now considered a  frontrunner if the party is to nominate a candidate.Martin McGuinness’s name has also been mentioned, but he says he hasn’t even thought about it……[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mcguinn7.mp3[/podcast] Previous articleNo resolution after initial Pobal – MFG meetingNext articleMichaela Harte murder trial could face one year delay News Highland Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Twitter Facebooklast_img read more

abpkzxmm

Management rethink for ‘sparkling’ LSH

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

xmjmfbhb

Axe murderer’s Queensland luxury home sold for millions

first_imgThe showpiece former luxury retreat also had development approval for a subdivision to create an additional six residential lots just minutes to Buderim village” according to the listing.It was on the market just three months before it was snapped up for $140,000 less than the asking price, selling to an investment company for $2.35m in April last year.That’s not a bad deal considering the median price of houses in the area has gone up 33.6 per cent in the past five years.An investment firm bought the property and immediately put it up for rental. The van Bredas lived a millionaire lifestyle but valued their Sunshine Coast retreat.A 23-YEAR-old who was today found guilty of axing his multi-millionaire family to death at home had lived an idyllic luxury lifestyle in Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.Henri van Breda was found guilty of murdering his parents Martin and Teresa as well as his brother Rudi, and attempting to murder his sister Marli in their estate in South Africa, one of two homes they had maintained on opposite sides of the world.The van Bredas had relocated to South Africa for business reasons, but kept their sprawling Sunshine Coast property intact with a view to returning to the idyllic lifestyle in future.They had bought what was then a seven bedroom, seven bathroom, two car space property in 2012 for $2.2m, with the 3.86 hectare property including development approval for six additional residential lots.Henri van Breda is led out of the High Court in Cape Town, South Africa, after being found guilty of the murder of his parents and brother and the attempted murder of his sister more than three years after the gruesome attack. Picture: AP Photo/Nasief Manie.Related: Home owned by family killed in axe attack for salePat Rafter loses millions in Sunshine Beach dealTheir Queensland home was a sprawling eco designed luxury retreat where every bedroom had an ensuite and opened up to expansive private decks, patios or gardens.The grounds themselves were covered in rainforest and bamboo water gardens, though the home was also just four minutes from the Maroochydore city centre, eight minutes from the beach and 11 minutes from the Sunshine Coast Airport.The quirky main building was made of hardwood in a rare circular shape, designed and built with nine ensuite bedrooms, seven of which were operational when the family frolicked there.The van Breda’s luxury escape was listed at $2.49 million last year.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus18 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market18 hours agoThe living zone incorporated a “voluminous” double height atrium ceiling, with the home also having a luxury stone kitchen, prep area and walk in pantry — “an incomparable family home” that could be a luxury guesthouse, coming with a caretaker’s cottage, orchards and multiple dams.It was a far cry from the grisly scenes that investigators met in the family’s De Zalze Golf Estate home in South Africa in January 2015 the day after the parents and son were killed.It took two years after the family was murdered and their son Henri put on trial for the executor of the van Breda’s will to put the property on the market in Queensland.At $2.49 million, it was listed as a “captivating oasis with subdivision opportunity” with sweeping views to Moreton Island and the Glasshouse Mountains.Every bedroom in the uniquely designed home opens onto verandas, patios or gardens. The property was put up for rent three months after the sale date, listed at $2,650 a week with a commercial slant as a home, bed and breakfast, retreat, and accommodation venue.The new owners turned the property into an 11 bedroom, 10 bathroom, 10 car space estate and got development approval for a pool and spa to be put in for over $31,000 in October last year.FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOKlast_img read more