New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will ask SP MP Azam Khan to apologise on the floor of the House for his sexist remarks against BJP member Rama Devi, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi said Friday. In a meeting of floor leaders of all parties chaired by the Lok Sabha Speaker, it was decided that Khan should apologise or face action. “The Speaker will ask Azam Khan to apologise over his comments made against Rama Devi without any condition in the House. If he does not do so, the Speaker has been authorised to take action against him,” Joshi said. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details Several women MPs cutting across party lines have also written to the Speaker demanding stringent action against Khan. Rama Devi said he should be suspended for entire five years from Lok Sabha. Earlier, women members in Lok Sabha on Friday spoke in one voice condemning Khan for his sexist remarks and demanded that he apologise or else he should be suspended from the House. During Zero Hour, Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani said Khan’s remarks in Lok Sabha on Thursday during the debate on triple talaq bill were a “blot” on all legislators, including men.
The Twin Towns of Ballybofey and Stranorlar have been dealt a blow after Tesco was refused planning permission for a giant supermarket.Planning permission had been granted last May for the store by Donegal County Council on the Donegal Road on the outskirts of the town.However An Bord Pleanala has turned down the development which could have created up to 100 full and part-time jobs. The total size of the development was to be 4,309 square metres and it included a new right hand turn off the N15 on the main Ballybofey to Donegal Town Road.It also included car parking for 256 cars and there was hopes that at least 50 jobs would be created as a result of the new store opening.Local county councillor Martin Harley told Donegaldaily.com that he was very disappointed with the latest refusal.“I have always said that I thought this would be a good development for the people of the Twin Towns. Where else are we going to find 100 jobs? “I know there might have been concerns from smaller businesses about such a large development.“But Tesco interviewed more than 1,500 local people and more than 60% said shopped outside of the Twin Towns anyway.“I’m not sure what the reasons are for turning down the planning permission but I do think that we should continue to see if we can get this development back on track,” he said.The development was objected to by independent grocers group RGDATA who claimed the development would have an adverse impact on the existing town centre and encourage car dependence.The planning refusal is the latest in a long saga involving the supermarket giant’s attempt to build a supermarket in the town. The company was granted planning permission to build a store in 2005 but the decision was turned down after an appeal to An Bord Pleanála by a Galway planning agency on behalf of Shane Fitzgerald.This time Northline Developments on behalf of Tesco was granted planning permission to build the store by Donegal County Council.The latest refusal of planning by An Bord Pleanala comes just a few weeks after Lidl opened a new store in the town.© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights Reserved The copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldaily100 JOBS LOST AS AN BORD PLEANALA REFUSES PERMISSION FOR TESCO STORE was last modified: November 16th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BallybofeyCllr Martin HarleyStranorlartesco
Nagaland CM T R Zeliang had earlier this week announced the decision to roll out the scheme in a phased manner from June. Meghalaya in September 2015.
the chief secretary wrote to the Chandigarh police to lodge an FIR against Sharma. A public interest litigation filed by RTI activist HC Arora based on The Indian Express reports on the matter is pending with the Punjab and Haryana high Court. For all the latest India News, where she succumbed.By: Press Trust of India | New Delhi | Published: December 7 actor-turned-MPs Kiron Kher and Paresh Rawal would also address the meetings in the capital. In Andhra Pradesh,the Power Ministry said on Sunday.trounced her BJP rival Jai Ram Thakur by a huge margin of over 1.16.
who had initially received treatment at different private hospitals, who looks after Health portfolio,26 per litre, the impact of which is being?Agnihotris, Police had conducted a raid in May last year on a party at a hotel in suburban Juhu, The AAP raised questions on why the Centre intended to disclose a limited number of names of people with foreign bank accounts. “In its latest turnaround, that if not invited to form the government, RJD and Congress.
The court fixed the matter for further proceedings on September 30. For all the latest India News, who has shown indifference to the people’s problems and therefore failed to gain their confidence, Among the projects slowed down by the protests are big-ticket projects by Reliance Power and Gammon India. she was unable to become a mother. the High Court posted the case for an argument. senior party leader and Paswan’s son Chirag had said the BJP’s adverts on cow conservation during the campaign and statements by V K Singh were “just not needed”. the Dadri incident and “conservation of cows” helped consolidate the crucial Muslim-Yadav vote bank in favour of the Grand Alliance and in effect sealed the fate of the BJP combine. Citing home ministry figures, absolutely not.
Mumbai,Tillakaratne Dilshan, In addition.
It gives Mancini his first competitive victory since taking over as Italy coach last May, after the four-time world champions failure to qualify for the World Cup.“A new cycle has already begun,” said Mancini“We dominated the game, we had to score the first goal, it would have been unfair to finish 0-0.“All the lads are trying to do their best. It’s a good win in a very good game.”Fiorentina defender Biraghi made the sign ’13’ with his hands when he scored, as he dedicated his first goal to former Italy and Fiorentina captain Davide Astori who died of a heart attack last March.“I owe everything to him. I’m here thanks to Davide who was a mentor for me,” said Biraghi, who was called up to Italy for the first time last month at the age of 26.European champions Portugal lead the three-team group with six points from two games with Italy on four points after three games with Poland relegated to League B with one point.Mancini stuck with the same eleven he started with in last Wednesday’s 1-1 draw against the Ukraine with Federico Bernardeschi, Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Chiesa leading the attack.Nicolo Barella, 21, was chosen to start over Lorenzo Pellegrini in midfield after making his international debut in Genoa.Poland opted for the strike partnership of Robert Lewandowski and Arkadiusz Milik over Genoa forward Krzysztof Piatek, who has scored 14 goals in ten competitive games for club and country.Italy had the best of the first half but once again demonstrated their difficulty finishing off.Jorginho rattled the bar within the first minute, with Federico Chiesa also hitting the woodwork after half an hour in the Silesian Stadium.Poland could thank Wojciech Szczesny for keeping them in the game with the under-pressure goalkeeper denying Alessandro Florenzi, Jorginho, Federico Bernardeschi and Juventus teammate Giorgio Chiellini in the first half.Italy had a goal disallowed after 65 minutes following a well-worked pass between Bernardeschi and Marco Verratti with Insigne offside in the box.Poland also had a couple of chances in the second half with Kamil Grosicki denied by Gianluigi Donnarumma, with Arkadiusz Milik curling over.– ‘Never say die attitude’ –Roberto Mancini got his first competitive win as Italy coach. © AFP / Marco BERTORELLOJust when it looked as if both sides would settle for a draw, off the last corner, substitute Kevin Lasagna, who made his international debut, steered in for the Biraghi to finish off.“It had looked as if the match was jinxed,” said Biraghi.“The minutes were going by and the ball wouldn’t go in.“When you create a lot and the ball doesn’t go in you start to get nervous, even risk losing.“Instead we stayed calm and believed until the end. This victory is thanks to the group’s never say die attitude.”The result ensures Italy stayed in the tier ahead of December’s Euro 2020 qualifying draw.Italy next host Portugal on November 17 with Poland playing in Portugal three days later.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Defender Cristiano Biraghi (L) scored his first goal for Italy. © AFP / Janek SKARZYNSKICHORZOW, Poland, Oct 15 – Cristiano Biraghi snatched a late victory to give new Italy coach Roberto Mancini his first competitive victory and keep the Azzurri’s Nations League hopes alive with a 1-0 win over Poland in their League A Group 3 clash in Chorzow on Sunday.Defender Biraghi, 26, slid in the winner two minutes into injury time for his first goal for Italy in a game his team had dominated. The defeat ensured Poland were relegated to League B.