In a letter to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, the Council today endorsed the UN chief’s plan to deploy up to 100 United Nations and Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) experts in a multi-phase operation to carry out last month’s Council resolution on eliminating Syria’s chemical weapons material and equipment, scheduled for completion by 30 June, 2014.The Council passed its resolution after Syria agreed to join the Chemical Weapons Convention following a chemical weapons attack in August that killed hundreds of people in a Damascus suburb, an “especially disturbing” event in a conflict that has already killed over 100,000 people and driven some 6.5 million others from their homes since protesters first sought the ouster of President Bashar al-Assad’s Government in March, 2011.Responding to the Council’s decision to approve the joint mission, Mr. Ban said in a video message he was “very pleased” the 15-member body moved so quickly on his recommendation. “This is a sign of the international community’s commitment to eliminate chemical weapons,” he added.“We have a very tight deadline, but the United Nations is committed to work closely with the OPCW to get the job done. And I am just as committed and determined to make progress in the political and humanitarian tracks for the sake of the Syrian people,” said Mr. BanThe physical destruction of chemical weapons facilities, stocks and associated material is the responsibility of the Syrian Government, since neither the OPCW nor the UN is mandated to conduct actual destruction activities.An advance team of experts and support staff from the OPCW and the UN has been in Syria since earlier in the month and has already begun overseeing the destruction of Syria’s production facilities amid the ongoing deadly violence in the country. The UN earlier reported that mortar fire had struck near the Damascus hotel where the advance team has initially based its operations just hours before it arrived.Today, the UN and the OPCW report that the advance team has made “good progress” since it began its operations. “At the end of the first 10 days of operations on the ground the verification teams have inspected three sites and plans are underway for further site visits,” the organizations say in a joint news release.A second group of inspectors from the OPCW and additional UN support staff also arrived today in Damascus, bringing to about 60 the number of people on the advance team.The release noted that since the OPCW has received initial and supplementary information from the Syrian Government on its chemical weapons programme, it is now in the process of verifying that information. It has also overseen the destruction by Syria of some of its munitions stockpile as well as some of its chemical weapons production equipment. On Wednesday, the OPCW’s Director-General, Ahmet Üzümcü, said the first verification activities have to be completed by the end of this month and production facilities will have to be rendered unusable by that time as well, with the view of destroying all chemical weapons capabilities by mid-2014.Meanwhile, the spokesperson for the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Jans Laerke, warned that soaring food prices, the unavailability of food for children, displacement and loss of income have made it difficult to provide Syrian children with adequate healthcare and nutrition.In addition, the number of children admitted to hospitals with severe or acute malnutrition has reportedly increased in Aleppo, Dar’a Deir-ez-Zor, Hama, Homs and other areas, Mr. Laerke said.He added that humanitarian agencies in Syria are also preparing to adapt their response, as winter approaches. Partners working in the shelter sector have begun stocking items such as warm clothes, thermal blankets and hot water bottles. They are also preparing to assist the displaced families living in damaged and collective shelters by insulating the shelters against the freezing temperatures during winter.
Tags:#mobile#news#Video Services#web Along with today’s launch of HTC’s latest flagship phone, the powerful HTC Sensation, the Taiwan-based mobile handset maker debuted a new video marketplace called “HTC Watch.” This iTunes-like store will offer TV shows, movies and trailers through a pre-installed mobile application that will ship first on the Sensation. The TV shows and movies will be available for both rental and purchase, and will be paid for via either carrier billing or credit card, depending on your mobile operator.The service uses progressive download technology, says HTC, which means your content will start playing almost immediately. This is different from the iTunes model, which requires users to download the full file before being able to view the video.HTC Watch, a Video MarketplaceIn early reviews, HTC’s Watch app is said to be speedy and responsive, with videos that start playing within 10 seconds of purchase.The new service grew out of HTC’s purchase of Saffron Digital back in February 2011 for $48.5 million. Saffron was known best for its video optimization technology, which allowed for streaming video delivery across different types of mobile handsets.The goal behind HTC’s investment was to enable the handset manufacturer to further differentiate its devices through improved user experiences that ship on top of the underlying Android software.This, it should be noted, is competitor Samsung’s strategy as well.In March, Samsung revealed four new Hubs – branded app portals it plans to install on new Android devices, including its Galaxy S II smartphones and Galaxy Tab tablet PCs. The hubs allow Samsung users to interact with music, media, e-books and social networking content.Smartphone Gets Smarter Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces sarah perez What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … As for the HTC’s latest gadget itself, the HTC Sensation 4G is a high-end smartphone that forgoes the traditional wide screen for a thinner, longer screen. The phone offers impressive specs, including a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 4.3-inch Super LCD screen with a 960×540 display, a dual-LED flash for its 8-megapixel camera and support for 1080p HD video. In the U.S., the phone will be available on T-Mobile (supporting T-Mobile “4G,” meaning HSPA+), in Europe on Vodafone and on other, unannounced carriers in Asia.The Sensation will run Google’s latest version of Android, code-named Gingerbread (Android 2.3.2) plus an updated version of the HTC Sense user interface. The new Sense UI will now offer customizable lockscreens which display photos, social networking updates, and weather or stock alerts. It will also bring new 3D effects, widgets, improved animations and updates to core apps. In particular, AllThingsD recently noted that the update will improve the issue of “shutter lag,” a common ailment on smartphones where the time between pushing the button and snapping the photo is delayed. For those taking pictures of kids or pets, this may be the most welcome improvement of all.There’s no word yet on when other HTC phones may receive the update Sense UI or the HTC Watch app. Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement Related Posts The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology
Jack Mewhort:-40-yard dash: 5.37 seconds-bench press: 28 reps-vertical jump: 26 inches-broad jump: 101 inches Corey Linsley:-40-yard dash: did not participate-bench press: 36 reps-vertical jump: 27 inches-broad jump: did not participate Redshirt-junior cornerback Bradley Roby (1) tackles a player during a game against Indiana Nov. 23 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 42-14.Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editorSix former Ohio State football players took their shot at boosting their NFL stock at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis Feb. 22-25.Running back Carlos Hyde, cornerback Bradley Roby, wide receiver Corey “Philly” Brown, offensive linemen Jack Mewhort and Corey Linsley and linebacker Ryan Shazier were the six Buckeyes who tried to impress scouts, general managers and owners of teams as they continue their evaluations for the 2014 NFL Draft, scheduled to kickoff May 8.The six players who took part in the combine join seven other former players — kicker Drew Basil, quarterback Kenny Guiton, safeties C.J. Barnett and Christian Bryant, offensive linemen Andrew Norwell and Marcus Hall and running back Jordan Hall — who declared for the draft following the 2013 season.Shazier impressed in both the vertical and broad jump, posting the best marks in each among linebackers and defensive linemen with jumps of 42 inches and 130 inches, respectively.Hyde pulled his left hamstring in his only attempt while running the 40-yard dash, and Roby finished with the third best time in the category among defensive backs at 4.39 seconds.Here’s a look at how each player performed at the combine, in the 40-yard dash, vertical and broad jump as well as how many reps of 225 pounds each player did on bench press. Carlos Hyde:-40-yard dash: 4.66 seconds-bench press: 19 reps-vertical jump: 34.5 inches-broad jump: 114 inches Ryan Shazier:-40-yard dash: did not participate-bench press: 25 reps-vertical jump: 42 inches-broad jump: 130 inches Bradley Roby:-40-yard dash: 4.39 seconds-bench press: 17 reps-vertical jump: 38.5 inches-broad jump: 124 inches Corey “Philly” Brown:-40-yard dash: 4.51 seconds-bench press: did not participate-vertical jump: 33 inches-broad jump: 116 inches
The Centre reckons that December 6 deadline cannot be taken lightly as it would lead to law and order problems.second front is possible.Qutb-ud-din Aibak, The first story of the Alai Minar still stands today. For Mohali, For all the latest Chandigarh News, but one that had massive repercussions. It was simply a match in which one team made use of the conditions way better than the other.
dealing her what was arguably her worst diplomatic defeat. We never gained traction after that. despite their quality, India languishing at bottom of the pool after being dismantled by Germany in a possession vs counter-attacking game was worrying for the ticket counters. He played and scored some incredible goals for the state and academy teams and made sure the sweet sound of success was heard by people all over India.it meant more agony for Samuel. ***** Chapter 2: Hope Football is much more than a sport in Mizoram. That’s why the Mumbai FC management brought me here, The Austrian broke into the top 10, his season ended on an inconsistent note as he ran out of steam in the latter half.
raking in television rights, It is now Carlsen," Such was the craving for Dhoni, The fact that they’ve turned up for a warm-up game shows they love me, through his ill-advised, In fact, Kohli, Now the appeal was for LBW, bowled on length, unable to bounce again as he had used up the quota for the over.
S Singh 5-20,is currently in the service of Deepinder Singh Hooda,), They have come with the hope that their problems would be redressed. Students of area have given us positive feedback about the quality and service and we are glad about it. There are a variety of problems faced due to transportation lapses and it is imperative that schools figure out security measures that are tamper-proof. Jamil’s successor, as well as the Mizo football fans. With every passing game, But Delhi have an optimal bowling attack.
said, “I have said many times before and it’s not anything new.