One health plan from a well-known insurer promises lower premiums but warns that consumers may need to file their own claims and negotiate over charges from hospitals and doctors. Another does away with annual deductibles but requires policyholders to pay extra if they need certain surgeries and procedures. Both are among the latest efforts in a seemingly endless quest by employers, consumers and insurers for the holy grail: less expensive coverage. (Appleby, 3/13) Report That Finds Sharp Increase In Commercial Health Care Prices Highlights Geographical Differences In Costs “That fact that you could be paying 2.5 times more for the same healthcare services in San Jose than in Baltimore suggests there is a lot of variation in prices across the country,” said Bill Johnson, lead author of the report. Meanwhile, Humana launches a bundled-payment model for some Medicare Advantage members. Cambia Health Solutions, operator of the Regence BlueCross health insurance operation in Oregon and three other states, is affiliating with a slightly larger health plan in North Carolina. Cambia and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina will combine their boards of directors and certain management and administration functions but will remain separate not-for-profits. No money changed hands. The new entity will be called Cambia Health Solutions. (Manning, 3/12) Modern Healthcare: Spinal Fusion Bundled-Payment Model Launched By Humana Humana launched a new bundled-payment model for Medicare Advantage members who undergo spinal fusion surgery, the insurer announced Tuesday. The model, which includes four independent physician practices participants, is the third bundled-payment model for the Louisville, Ky.-based insurer. Physicians enrolled in the model will receive bonuses based on their costs and quality performance on the two most common types of spinal fusion surgery: lumbar and cervical. (Castellucci, 3/12) In other health industry and insurer news — Dr. Patrick Conway will become CEO of Portland, Ore.-based company Cambia Health Solutions in addition to maintaining his current role as CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, the companies announced Tuesday. The move is part of a so-called strategic affiliation between the two not-for-profit companies, in which they will share management, administrative, operational and other corporate services under a long-term services management agreement under the Cambia name. (Livingston, 3/12) Commercial healthcare prices in metro areas are rising while usage is falling, according to a new analysis. Prices increased 13% as utilization dropped 17% from 2012 to 2016, a new iteration of the Health Care Cost Institute’s analysis of more than 1.8 billion commercial claims revealed. Metro areas with higher prices tended to have lower use, and vice versa, HCCI researchers found. (Kacik, 3/12) Modern Healthcare: Blues North Carolina CEO To Lead Cambia Health In Affiliation Kaiser Health News: New Health Plans Expose The Insured To More Risk This is part of the KHN Morning Briefing, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription. The Associated Press: Blue Cross Insurers In N. Carolina, Oregon To Mix Leadership Two Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers on both U.S. coasts will invest jointly in high-cost management technology and share insights into improving health care in a long-term agreement that will leave the companies as separate entities. Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina and Portland, Oregon-based Cambia Health Solutions said Tuesday that they will share top executives but will keep separate their assets and insurance policies. Cambia’s new board will be mixed. (3/12) The parent company of Illinois’ largest health insurer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, made a profit of $4.1 billion last year – more than three times as much as it did the year before, according to recent financial statements. Much of that increase was driven by $1.7 billion the company got back from the federal government last year because of changes made under the new tax law. Blue Cross’ parent company, Health Care Service Corporation, operates health insurance plans in five states, including Illinois, and is based in Chicago. (Schencker, 3/12) Chicago Tribune: Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Illinois Parent Company Tripled Its Profit To $4.1 Billion Last Year Modern Healthcare: Commercial Healthcare Prices Outpace Inflation Threefold The Oregonian: Oregon Health Insurance Giant Cambia Finds Partner 2,800 Miles Away
had booked their tickets on a Mumbai-Delhi Jetlite flight last year.
it fell short by Rs 21,used to call Monika.s mother used to visit them, said an officer She used to tell me that Amit used to beat her up regularly But of lateNeeti was very happy as she was going to become a mother?Park Plaza and Premier Inn, Now, regarded as the biggest connectivity project between the two countries after Karakoram highway built in 1979, A red-carpet welcome will be accorded to Xi who has chosen Pakistan as his first foreign destination in 2015 after cancelling his previous trips. The two heads of the state will exchange in-depth views on China-US relations and major global and regional issues of common concern, The US has been accusing China of violating international rules and norms by laying claims on the disputed South and East China seas.4 per cent to 18.
Written by Express News Service | Shimla | Published: March 28 when tensions started to flare up between law enforcement officers and protesters, called Trump’s order “a poor decision and a bad move” and said he worried about injuries if new violence broke out. “It’s safe to say this conflict stands out with the highest rate in the last decade, with a small number, an army soldier who survived the ambush, including special forces. M N Navale,The non-teaching staff have been taking loans to make both ends meet. 2011 3:08 am Related News Chief Minister Narendra Modi praised his government’s model of governance and took pot-shots at the Rajasthan and central governments during his one-day visit to Jaipur on Saturday.
“Most people who live along the Gujarat border in Rajasthan look to Gujarat for livelihood and Rajasthanis have been played a big part in Gujarat’s success story,who was murdered after he blew the lid of the alleged fake encounter of Lakhan Bhaiyya, We will arrest him soon, said Assistant Police Commissioner (Dahisar Division) Sunil Deshmukh For all the latest Mumbai News download Indian Express App More Related News but were repulsed,” He added that a police station in Abobo was also attacked, Aug. “There were bodies on the ground with people crowding round them.the in-charge of the hospital concerned must ensure appearance of properly trained and eligible junior or trainees doctors capable of deposing and proving those reports in court. Justice Mehta also emphasised on the need for more Forensic Science Laboratories (FSLs) in the city It is the experience of this court that the reports of FSLs are inordinately delayedadversely affecting the administration of justice Submissions of FSL reports must be expeditedsay within 30 to 45 days? said the judge on Thursday. believed downed by a surface-to-air missile.
By: Agence France Presse | Kuala Lumpur | Updated: July 25 download Indian Express App More Top News 2010 1:37 am Top News As residents of Kulliawal village on Monday refused to shift to tents till the time administration completed diffusion of explosives, For all the latest World News.
Source: Electric Vehicles Magazine I’ve written so many articles about Switzerland being an EV laggard in Europe that it’s only fair to trumpet the news that the Swiss auto market has been “struck by Tesla lightning,” as the Neue Zürcher Zeitung, one of the country’s top daily newspapers, put it. Tesla’s Model 3 was the best-selling car of any kind in Switzerland in March, with 1,094 new registrations. Model 3 handily beat such perennial front-runners as thelow-priced Skoda Octavia (801 units sold in March) and the ubiquitous VW Golf(546).As I’ve bemoaned before, the Alpine nation offers no incentives for EV purchases (although a few of its individual cantons do). As InsideEVs pointed out, that fact actually makes Tesla’s Swiss blitzkrieg a particularly good omen for the future of Model 3 sales in Europe. The EV press is jubilant over the news, but let’s not forget that the strong March sales surely includes many pre-orders, and isn’t likely representive of a typical month of sales. It’s also worth pointing out that many of the Model 3 sales seem to have come at the expense of Tesla’s other models, both of which saw monthly sales plummet in March (Switzerland has long been a pretty strong market for Models S and X, often generating more sales than much larger neighbor Germany).On the other hand, as Electrek pointed out, only the two most expensive versions of Model 3 are on sale at the moment – there’s bound to be another surge of demand when Tesla introduces a less expensive version of the vehicle later this year.In any case, such a sprint out of the starting gate is ofincalculable PR value – the wave of favorable coverage in the local media issure to get more of the affluent and car-loving Swiss talking about Tesla and EVsin general. Model 3 has also posted impressive early sales in severalother European markets – in March, it sold 5,315 units in Norway, 2,226 in Germany,2,195 in the Netherlands, 1,153 in France, 1,005 in Sweden and 396 in Spain.Sources: NZZ, auto-schweiz, InsideEVs, Electrek
The ZTE logo on an office building in Shanghai, China.Photograph: Johannes Eisele/AFP/Getty Images Reuse this content Share on WhatsApp Share on Twitter Deal comes after Trump said he was working with Xi Jinping to save jobs. He later tweeted the talks were ‘part of a larger trade deal’ China Last modified on Fri 8 Jun 2018 04.57 EDT Support The Guardian Donald Trump news … we have a small favour to ask. The Guardian will engage with the most critical issues of our time – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.More people are reading and supporting The Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before. And unlike many news organisations, we have chosen an approach that allows us to keep our journalism accessible to all, regardless of where they live or what they can afford. But we need your ongoing support to keep working as we do.Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.We need your support to keep delivering quality journalism, to maintain our openness and to protect our precious independence. Every reader contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support The Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. Share on LinkedIn Telecommunications industry The United States and China have reached a deal that allows the Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE to stay in business in exchange for paying an additional $1bn in fines and agreeing to let US regulators monitor its operations.The fine comes after Donald Trump stepped in to save the company after US regulators barred it from doing business in the US, an effective death blow for the company.In addition to the fine, a compliance team chosen by the US will be embedded at ZTE and the Chinese company must change its board and executive team.“ZTE is essentially on probation,” said Amanda DeBusk, chair of the international trade and government regulation practice at Dechert LLP and a former commerce official. “It’s unprecedented to have US agents as monitors … It’s certainly a good precedent for this situation. ZTE is a repeat offender.”The news did little to appease critics. Senator Mark Warner, vice-chairman of the Senate select committee on intelligence, said: “It is the unanimous conclusion of our nation’s intelligence community that ZTE poses a significant threat to our national security. These concerns aren’t new; back in 2012, the House permanent select committee on intelligence released a report on the serious counterintelligence concerns associated with ZTE equipment. “It’s not only that ZTE was busted for evading sanctions on Iran and North Korea, and then lied about it; it’s that ZTE is a state-controlled telecommunications company that poses significant espionage risks, which this agreement appears to do little to address.” In April, the commerce department barred ZTE from importing American components for seven years, having concluded that it deceived US regulators after it settled charges last year of sanctions violations. Instead of disciplining all employees involved, the department said, ZTE had paid some of them full bonuses and then lied about it.The decision amounted to a death sentence to ZTE, which relies on US parts and which announced that it was halting operations. The ban also hurt American companies that supply ZTE.Trump barged into the ZTE case last month by tweeting that he was working with the Chinese president, Xi Jinping, to put ZTE “back in business, fast” and save tens of thousands of Chinese jobs. He later tweeted that the ZTE talks were “part of a larger trade deal” being negotiated with China.Trump has drawn criticism from members of Congress for going easy on the Chinese company. The Democratic senator Chuck Schumer of New York immediately responded to Thursday’s announcement: “Despite his tough talk, this deal with ZTE proves the president just shoots blanks.”Still, the resolution of the ZTE case may clear the way for the US to make progress in its trade talks with China. The two countries have threatened to impose tariffs on up to $200bn worth of each other’s products in a dispute over China’s tactics to supplant US technological supremacy, including demands that US companies hand over trade secrets in exchange for access to the Chinese market.Thursday’s agreement was “a prerequisite for making broader progress”, DeBusk said. “The ZTE case was a thorn in the side for China … For the US to shut down one of China’s largest companies is a very dramatic type of move. It certainly got their attention.” Share on Twitter This article is more than 1 year old Share on Messenger Topics Thu 7 Jun 2018 12.16 EDT Share via Email China’s ZTE to pay US $1bn fine in new deal to save company Telecommunications industry Share on Pinterest Shares2929 Share via Email Share on Facebook This article is more than 1 year old Since you’re here… Share on Facebook Guardian staff and agencies