Pexels Stock Image.ALBANY — One of the State University of New York’s campuses will shut down for two weeks after more than 100 people in the college community tested positive for the coronavirus, officials announced Sunday.The positive cases at SUNY Oneonta represent about 3% of the students and faculty on campus this semester, said Jim Malatras, the chancellor of the state university system.Malatras, who joined Gov. Andrew Cuomo on a conference call, said five students have been suspended because of large parties that were held last week. He said three rapid-result testing sites will be set up in Oneonta starting Wednesday.The University at Albany, another SUNY campus, also announced Sunday that four students were temporarily suspended from campus after officials investigated large off-campus gatherings over the weekend. The shutdown of the Oneonta campus in central New York is the first in the state, where most colleges are opening with a mix of in-person and online instruction.Cuomo, a Democrat, urged students to follow virus safety guidelines and avoid large gatherings.“I get it,” he said. ”You go back to college. You want to see your friends. Part of the college experience is socializing.”But he said a 3% infection rate is too high because the virus can spread quickly in a congregate setting like a college.Cuomo said New York state’s overall coronavirus infection rate on Saturday was 0.69% based on 100,000 tests conducted statewide. New York’s infection rate has been below 1% every day for more than three weeks. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Zagreb County will once again award public recognitions to individuals and legal entities, institutions, associations responsible for the economic, social and cultural development of Zagreb County and its promotion in the country and the world. The competition for the award of public recognitions is open until May 31, 2019. You can see more information about the competition and the application form HERE. The proposal for the awarding of public recognitions of the Zagreb County may be submitted by members of the County Assembly, working bodies, the Zagreb County Prefect, citizens, citizens’ associations, companies, religious communities, cultural, sports and other institutions. Source / photo: Zagrebačka županija Potential candidates can be individuals or legal entities who, through their continuous and extremely important scientific, professional, artistic, pedagogical or other public work, have made a lasting contribution and achieved exceptional results in improving the situation and development of certain activities and its international promotion. Also, the future winner of the public award should enjoy the reputation of exemplary employees and experts in his environment. One of the criteria is the achieved result in the overall economic or social development of Zagreb County. The proposal for awarding public recognitions must contain the CV of the proposed candidate for awarding public recognition, the exact name of the company, institution, association or other legal entity proposed for awarding public recognitions with a thorough explanation of the reasons, appropriate documentation and information about the applicant.
Dear readers,Offshore Energy Today team wishes you a happy and prosperous New Year 2020! Thank you for reading and for coming back for your daily dose of the latest offshore energy industry news.Offshore Energy Today wishes you a wonderful New Year filled with abundance, joy, and treasured moments. May the year 2020 be your best year yet!Looking ahead, the Offshore Energy Today team promises to continue with keeping you up to date with the latest news from the offshore oil and gas sector.We’ll be taking it slow with the news in the next two days. On January 1 and 2, we’ll be releasing our most-read articles by each quarter of 2019, and you’ll be able to revisit our published galleries as well as an overview of the major oil and gas discoveries of the past year. Cheers!Offshore Energy Today Staff
Loading… According to Turkish outlet Fanatik, Saudi Arabian outfit Al Nassr have been in touch with the former Real Madrid man’s representatives and wish to draft him in as a marquee signing. They are willing to offer him wages of €16.8m a-year and are hopeful of agreeing terms with him for a move that could be a free transfer next year if they cannot secure his services in the current window. Commenting on Ozil’s situation in June, Arteta told Sky Sports: “I’ve been very open with Mesut from day one. “I thought he was fit and willing and wanted to perform at the level he can do. I think he has played every game with me. Read AlsoDie-hard Arsenal fan names newborn daughter after Ozil “The moment I see he is ready to do that again I will treat him like everyone else. I have been more than fair with him and he has responded in many games, the way I want. That’s it.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Super Eagles star Ahmed Musa and embattled Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil are set to become teammates in Saudi Arabia according to latest report emanating from Turkey. Saudi Arabian outfit Al Nassr where the Nigeria international plies his trade has reportedly offered Ozil €16.8m a-year to cross over from the Emirates stadium where he has been having a running battle for some time now. Ozil, who signed a whopping £350,000-a-week contract back in January 2018, became a peripheral figure under Mikel Arteta last season. Ozil has been and integral part of the Gunners team for seven years running but has in recent time been sidelined to the point that he neither took part in the FA Cup nor the Community Shield both of which the team won with team captain and Gabon international Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang playing a major role. Mesut Ozil in battle with Ahmed Musa during the Europa league in 2018 when the Eagles ace was with CSKA MoskvaAdvertisement Promoted Content10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWill You Recognize Celebs In Their Kid Photos?A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better6 Stunning Bridges You’ll Want To See With Your Own EyesMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better
WEBSTER CITY, Iowa – A who’s who of motorsports legends will be inducted into the Iowa Hall of Fame and Racing Museum this weekend.The event will be held at the new Hamilton County Events Complex, located on the fairgrounds. Dinner is at 6 p.m. and induction ceremonies begin at 7 p.m.Along with J. Alex Sloan, founder of the International Motor Contest Association and Keith Knaack, who owned IMCA and was a pioneer of the Modified division, inductees include Al Sweeney and Frank Winkley, Gus Schrader, Tiny Lund, Frederick and August Duesenberg, Ernie Derr, Don White, Emory Collins, Ramo Stott, Ed Sanger, Marion Robinson, Dick Hutcherson, John Gerber, Johnny Beauchamp, Curt Hansen, Tom Hearst, Gary Webb, Bob Shryock, Roger Dolan, Darrell Dake, Ronnie Weedon, Denny Hovinga, Red Droste, Verlin Eaker, Bob Trostle, Bob Harris, Larry and Penny Eckrich, Dale Swanson, Larry Clement, Al Frieden, Ralp Capitani, Whit Hemingway, Larry Conklin and brothers Junior, Jerry and Jimmy Grove.
RelatedPosts GOtv Boxing Night 20: TClassic to perform with Zlatan, Mayorkun, Malaika, Oritsefemi GOtv Boxing Night 19: Lightweight division Nigeria’s most competitive – Real One GOtv Boxing Night 19: Joe Boy, Baby Face target N1m Cash Prize West African Boxing Union lightweight champion, Rilwan “Real One” Oladosu, has boasted that he will Disfigure the face of Ola Adebakin, his opponent at GOtv Boxing Night Mini on 16 November.Their eight-round lightweight bout is one of the five scheduled to take place at the Rowe Park Sports Complex at Yaba, Lagos.Speaking in an interview yesterday, the WABU champion, renowned for his flamboyance, said Adebakin will become unrecognisable to his family and friends after the fight, as he would messed up his face for good.He expressed confidence that his unbeaten record will remain intact.“I heard Adebakin has been boasting. No problem. By the time I’m through with him, his family and friends won’t recognise him. I will redesign his face,” he said.Oladosu commended the sponsors for the new event, noting that it will help Nigerian boxers get tested and earn more fights in order to enhance their career records and gain the attention of regional and international boxing bodies to compete for regional and international titles.Other bouts for the event include a national welterweight challenge between Rilwan “Baby Face” Babatunde, West African Boxing Union welterweight champion, and Dennis “The Range” Mba; a national cruiserweight challenge between Kabiru “KB Godson” Towolawi and Tunji “Germani” Olajide; and a national light welterweight challenge between Waheed “Showmax” Shogbamu Semiu “Jagaban” Olopade.There is also an all-female clash as Cynthia “Omo Bobby” Ogunsemilore will take on Omowunmi “Mummy’s Pet” Akinsanya in a national super featherweight challenge. Tags: Rilwan Oladosu
RelatedPosts Djokovic clinches fifth Italian Open title Djokovic zooms to 10th Italian Open final Nadal stunned by Schwartzman in Italian Open quarter-finals, Djokovic survives Koepfer Novak Djokovic has been in touch with fellow ATP Player Council members Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal to discuss ways to assist lower-ranked players facing financial struggles amid the novel Coronavirus outbreak, the world number one said on Saturday. Answering a fan’s question during his Instagram live chat with Stan Wawrinka, Player Council chief Djokovic said steps would be taken to ensure that only those players who are most deserving will benefit from any relief plans. “I spoke to Roger and Rafa a few days ago and we had a conversation about the near future of tennis. How we can contribute to help lower ranked guys who are obviously struggling the most,” Djokovic said. “A majority of players ranked between 250 to 700 or 1,000 don’t have federation support or sponsors and are independent and left alone.” The tennis season was suspended in early March due to the pandemic, leaving players in the lower tiers who depend solely on tournament winnings without the chance to earn a living. The plight of players ranked outside the top 100 in singles has prompted the game’s stakeholders — the ATP, WTA, ITF and the organisers of the four Grand Slams — to devise plans to provide some assistance. “Players hopefully will (also) contribute collectively to the relief fund that the ATP (and others) will distribute using models and criteria,” Djokovic added. “You want to avoid giving money to player who fits into this category (low ranking) but does not need the money compared to someone else… hopefully between $3-4.5 million will be distributed to lower-ranked players.” Djokovic, a 17-times Grand Slam champion, said other short-term solutions could include diverting bonus money meant for top players from season-ending events like the ATP Finals into the relief fund. “If we don’t have any events (in 2020), maybe next year’s Australian Open prize money can be contributed to the fund,” the Serb added. “I’m glad the tennis eco-system is coming together. Everyone realises the basis of tennis. These guys ranked 250 onwards are the ones making the future of tennis. “We have to show them they’re not forgotten. We also have to send a message to young players that they can live out of tennis when there’s a financial crisis.” Reuters/NAN.Tags: ATP Player CouncilNovak DjokovicRafa NadalStan Wawrinka
TRAINER Aidan O’Brien claimed the 1,000 Guineas for the fourth time in five years as Love won the second British Classic of the year at Newmarket.The 4-1 shot charged through the centre to finish four and a quarter lengths clear of 12-1 chance Cloak of Spirits.Unbeaten 11-4 favourite Quadrilateral, daughter of the iconic Frankel, finished third.Love, O’Brien’s sole entry, secured the Irishman’s sixth 1,000 Guineas and 36th British Classic.O’Brien took three of the five Classics last year and, after finishing second with Wichita in Saturday’s 2,000 Guineas, his filly was in sublime form on another overcast day in Suffolk, where the going was good.Celebrating a fourth 1,000 Guineas, jockey Ryan Moore said: “She’s a very uncomplicated filly and we’ve always thought a lot of her. She was in control of the race from a long way out.”Quadrilateral won a Group One over the same course and distance on her last outing, when Love was a length and three quarters back in third. Ridden by 20-year-old Jason Watson, Quadrilateral could not find a finishing burst on the inside as she was beaten into third by a head.Champion jockey Oisin Murphy, who claimed the 2,000 Guineas on Kameko, rode 4-1 shot Millisle, trained by Jessica Harrington.Millisle won the Group One Cheveley Park over six furlongs at Newmarket last time out in September but was 10 lengths adrift in seventh on this occasion.Frankie Dettori’s mount Shimmering, owned by Lord Lloyd-Webber and a winner over a mile at Lingfield in December with Robert Havlin on board, finished 10th.(BBC Sport)
Facebook Twitter Google+ Scott Shafer has been fired as Syracuse’s head coach, a source confirmed to The Daily Orange Monday morning. The source also confirmed it will be up to the new head coach if he wants to retain any current staff, as first reported by Syracuse.com’s Nate Mink. Sports Illustrated’s Thayer Evans first reported Shafer’s firing.Last time Director of Athletics Mark Coyle had to replace a football coach, it took him five days to do so at Boise State. Here are some potential replacements for Shafer at SU.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textScott Frost, Oregon offensive coordinatorThe former quarterback won a national championship at Nebraska in 1997 and spent six years in the NFL. He’s been at Oregon since 2009, initially serving as the wide receivers coach and then as offensive coordinator for the past three seasons.Mike Sanford, Notre Dame offensive coordinatorSanford was Boise State’s offensive coordinator in 2014 and was at the school at the same time as Coyle. He took the Notre Dame job for this season. Prior to his time at Boise State, he spent five seasons at Stanford over two stints (2007-08 and 2011-13) and served as an offensive assistant working with quarterbacks and then as the running backs coach and later as the wide receivers and quarterbacks coach.Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina head coachIn four seasons at Coastal Carolina, Moglia has a 41-12 record. After spending 17 years at Merrill Lynch, he got back into coaching and has worked his way up after stints in the United Football League. In 1981, he published a book titled, “The Key to Winning Football: The Perimeter Attack Offense.”Joe Moorhead, Fordham head coachPrior to becoming Fordham’s head coach in 2012, Moorhead spent time at Akron and Connecticut. In five years at Akron, he served as offensive coordinator for two of them. At UConn from 2009-11, he split time as an offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.Dave Warner, Michigan State co-offensive coordinatorWarner is in his third season as Michigan State co-offensive coordinator. Before 2013, he worked with MSU’s quarterbacks. He has been an offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach or passing game coordinator for 26 of his 31 years coaching. In 2014, MSU had its most prolific offense in school history setting numerous passing records. Comments Related Stories Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer fired, will coach final game vs. Boston CollegePoll: Should Syracuse have fired Scott Shafer?Storify: Social media reactions to Syracuse football head coach Scott Shafer’s firing Published on November 23, 2015 at 10:57 am Contact Paul: email@example.com | @pschweds
Redshirt senior defensive end Jabari Ruffin will sit out the first half of USC’s home opener against Utah State after he was ejected for stomping on an Alabama player’s groin on Saturday.Head coach Clay Helton announced the suspension in a teleconference with the media on Sunday. “As a learning lesson,” Helton also said that Ruffin will have to write a letter of apology.The incident occurred late in the first half of USC’s 52-6 loss to Alabama at AT&T Stadium to begin the season. After junior Adoree’ Jackson was tackled returning a kickoff, he attempted to help up Alabama sophomore defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick. But Ruffin stood over Fitzpatrick and used his left foot to step on the downed Crimson Tide player.Ruffin, who appeared in 14 games last season as a backup outside linebacker and on special teams, was flagged and ejected immediately.“He understands that his conduct is unbecoming of a Trojan and there will be zero tolerance moving forward,” Helton said to the media.Ruffin is the third USC player to be suspended in the last week. Sophomore inside linebacker Osa Masina and redshirt sophomore defensive end Don Hill were suspended for the Alabama game for their involvement in a sexual assault investigation.Helton did not disclose whether the two players would be available against Utah State, but said the University is allowing Masina and Hill to attend school, practice and meetings.